In the 2022/23 soccer season, the following European leagues are supported:
Interactive League Table in Excel with Predictions calculates the Win, Draw and Loss probabilities of each fixture. Based on the calculated probabilities, the spread sheet will predict the score of each fixture. Furthermore, it allows the user to run Monte Carlo simulations of the entire season and predict the outcome of the league table.
1. Predict and generate team standings with interactive league table in Excel.
The spread sheet allows the user to generate the league table in the following 3 ways.
- Manually enter the scores in the “fixtures” tab.
- Automatically “guess” scores of every fixture based on the Win/Draw/Loss probabilities.
- Predict the final league table by running Monte Carlo simulations. The user can specify the number of Monte Carlo runs.
The spread sheet also offers a couple of unique features that allow the user to make his or her own predictions.
- SPI Adjustment Factor (SAF). “SAF” allows the user to tweak the SPI values from fivethiertyeight.com. You can strengthen or weaken a club by using a positive or negative SAF value. This comes in handy when the user happens to disagree with the fivethirtyeight.com SPI values. It allows the user to analyze other possible scenarios and see how they play into the final league standings.
- The user can enter “guessed” scores for future games. This allows the user see how the outcome of a future game changes the standings of the team.
2. Printable list of the league fixtures with interactive league table in Excel.
In the spreadsheet, the league fixtures are presented in two formats.
- Fixtures arranged by each club.
- Fixtures arranged by match days.
The spread sheet works with MS Excel 2016 or later. You need to enable macro in Excel to run it.
If you have questions or suggestions, please leave a comment at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!