During the World Cup break, I made some changes to the Interactive League Table with Monte Carlo Predictions. The goal is to use as little VB macro codes in the spread sheets as possible. The newly posted league tables are the results of this update.
What has Changed?
- The league table is no longer updated by VB codes. Whenever the scores are entered in the “fixtures” tab, the league table will automatically update by built-in formulas.
- The same applies to the “Fixtures_by_Clubs” and “Fixtures_by_Date” tabs. Whenever the scores are entered in the “fixtures” tab, the scores in these two tabs will automatically update by built-in formulas.
- As a result of the above, the “Update All Not Auto Fill” button is no longer needed. Replacing the “Update All No Auto Fill” button, I added a new button “Reload Match Scores”. This button will reload the match scores after the user deleted all scores in in the “fixtures” tab.
- The “Update All with Auto Fill” button has renamed to “Simulate Season Once”.
What hasn’t Changed?
- Monte Carlo Simulation has not changed. Use “Predict League Table” to run Monte Carlo Simulations of the season.
- SPI value updates have not changed. Use “Download and Update SPI from fivethirtyeight.com” to download the latest SPI values.